Monday, October 24, 2016

After 7 Days

The last time we met, a brief meeting and a drive, I had felt for sometime that our relationship would not survive, But I kept trying and wishing for the best, Now 7 days have gone by, so is this a test...

Damn I cannot sleep, I toss and I turn, Thoughts of my baby girl not being mine makes my heart intensely burn, I know I have lost her and I am so very sad, not one single word from her in 7 days and that has got too be bad...

Yes I could call her and yes I could text, She rarely reads email so not sure what to do next, At this point there is no excuse only assumptions that flow through my mind, Some other guy has her interests now, thinking otherwise would make me blind...

I was thinking today as I took a long drive, Not hard at all for the conclusions that I did keenly arrive, She really was never mine and this is a clear fact, Even though we danced the part of dating as it was only a temporary act...

Things can never ever go back to what could have been, Like I said before there is no way I could just be her friend, She has moved on otherwise she would have called to say, That she had been thinking about me at least once during the day...

Silly me the joke I have to own, Is on me for real as no interest by her was shown, In 7 days really, was I that meaningless to her, Thoughts of what if scenarios as my mind is a-stir...

Looking in the mirror this is what I see, A man who is what he is not because of what he will soon be, She lives in the now and a future date could never appeal, To a dream of the future where her heart he could then steal...

I have rarely been affected in this kind of way, As I would always be in control of the games in the past I would play, But she had control of me from the start, This is a great loss to me as we have drifted apart...

I may just have to let this challenge go, I am not in the place that soon I will be I know, and since she has lost interest over the last 7 days, I will let her go for now, she has gone anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment